College Loan Code of Conduct
- Colleges are prohibited from receiving anything of value from any lending institution in exchange for any advantage sought by the lending institution. Lenders can no longer pay to get on a school’s preferred lender list.
- College employees are prohibited from taking anything of more than nominal value from any lending institution. This includes a prohibition on trips for financial aid officers and other college officials paid for by lenders.
- College employees are prohibited from receiving anything of value for serving on the advisory board of any lending institution.
- College preferred lender lists must be based solely on the best interests of the students or parents who may use the list without regard to financial interests of the College.
- On all preferred lender lists the College must clearly and fully disclose the criteria and process used to select preferred lenders. Students must also be told that they have the right and ability to select the lender of their choice regardless of the preferred lender list.
- No lender may appear on a preferred lender list if the lender has an agreement to sell its loans to another lender without disclosing this fact. In addition, no lender may bargain to be a preferred lender with respect to a certain type of loan by providing benefits to a College as to another type of loan.
- Colleges must ensure that employees of lenders never identify themselves to students as employees of the colleges. No employee of a lender may ever work in or provide staffing to a college financial aid office.
The Federal government through its Department of Education had granted this institutuin Federal Monies to aid Qualifying students. The following programs are available for student application at this time.
Federal Pell Grants
Federal Pell grants range in award amounts from a minimum $574 to approximately $5645 per academic year. The size of the award depends upon the actual cost of attendance at the institution. The student must meet the institutions satisfactory academic progress requirements in order to remain eligible for Pell grant disbursements. Awards are primarily determined by the students’ family income and size as well as the cost of attendance at the institution.
Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)
Any of our students who demonstrates financial need and is enrolled at least half time in an eligible program may apply for a student loan. The borrowers repayments begin six months after the student graduates, withdraws, or drop below half time enrollment status.
Direct Plus Loans
For more information regarding financial assistance, how to obtain an application, etc., students should contact the financial aid office.